I get all the news I need from the weather report...

The headline is a quote from a Paul Simon song and just about sums up the news in Grays River today. We received more than an inch of rain last night and they are expecting another 4-5 inches of rain over the next 24 hours. The fields are flooded out in front of the house and the radio reported that Grays River is expected to peak at five feet above flood stage at 17.6 feet this afternoon. Don't worry, we'll all still be high and dry and watching the water go by. We've got power, the wood stove and plenty of food so no worries.

Amazingly, thus far Portland and the valley has had more flooding with the now melt that we had here at the house. I guess the Grays is better built to take it  -- that and we don't have storm drains to get clogged like they do in the city. 

Looks like I completely forgot to post Christmas pics. Here are few below. I'll get some flood pics on line later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment